SNOWMOBILing in reisa
Self driven snowmobile safari
Close to Reisa Lodge, we are very fortunate to find Norway’s best snowmobile trails. Join us on an unforgettable snowmobile trip in the beautiful surroundings of the Reisa valley and the nearby Finnmarksvidda mountain plateau. You will experience beautiful wild mountains, endless snowy horizons, and ice-covered fishing lakes. Have you ever been dreaming of riding a snowmobile? On this tour, you get to drive the snowmobile by yourself. Our guides ensure a safe and exciting experience.
In the lodge, we dress in thermal suits and safety equipment suitable for the Arctic winter. Then we go to the starting point, where a safety review and practical driving training are held on the snowmobiles. Now miles of snowmobile trails await you. You will share a snowmobile with a partner and change between the driver and passenger roles. Along the way, we will stop at several places to take pictures of the spectacular views and nature. Our destination is a ice fishing lake deep in the mountains, in strikingly beautiful nature. Here we set camp, make a bonfire, and prepare a traditional Norwegian snowmobile tour lunch.
PRICE: 2300 NOK – adult / 1200 NOK – child
For smaller even or larger groups, we can also organize special tailor-made scooter safari based on your wishes! It can be for example eveng trip under northern lights or even more demanding longer snowmobile expedition with overnight accommodation along the way.
Don’t you want to drive the snowmobile yourself? We can drive you and show you real natural gems of our arctic region. Do you have smaller kids? You can ride with them in our snowmobile sledge.
PRICE: On request
If you have your own snowmobile, WELCOME! You can hardly find a better starting point for your own snowmobile trips. Enjoy riding in the endless mountains of Finnmarksvidda during the day, and in the evening, enjoy great food, a hot jacuzzi, and a comfortable bed at our lodge.
- The driver of the snowmobile must be 18 years old and hold an international driver license for a car or motorcycle. Remember to bring your driver’s license! Without your driver licence, you are not allowed to drivea snowmobile.
- 2 people drive together on a snowmobile (driver/passenger). Along the way, you change your role so that everyone gets to try to drive a snowmobile if that is desired. If desired, you can send a request for “single snowmobile” use, which is available for an extra charge.
- If you are booking as a group with odd numbers like, 3/5/7 or 9, one person will sit on the guide snowmobile.
- Duration: 4 hours. Time: 10.00-14.00 (meeting time: 09:45am at Reisa Lodge)
- Difficulty: Medium, suitable for families and the elderly.
- We reserve the right to cancel the trip in case of bad weather. In case of cancellation, payment is refunded.
- Thermal suit, helmet/safety equipment, gloves, hat, and shoes
- Light lunch, hot drinks, and snacks
- Safety review and hands-on training
- Local guide, Norwegian and English speaking